Don’t hang on to hope for justice for Barb.
While the Stranger Things story will live to see a Season 2, poor Barbara Holland’s journey tragically came to an unceremonious end.
If you were hoping for a Barb resurrection or even Nancy’s glorious revenge for her redheaded, bra-noticing bestie — you’ve probably been eating too many Eggos, friend.
But even though Barb is gone, we’re still sure her friends, family and neighbors will continue to dishonor her memory worse than not bothering to send a search party for her. It’s best that we all get ready for another tragic, Barb-less season.
Rest in peace, Barb. You deserved better.
1. Barb is still dead.
2. Barb is still somehow not queen of the Upside Down.
3. Still, no one questions Barbs disappearance and continue to chock it up to teen angst.
4. Barb’s parents don’t get charged with child abandonment.
Like, where are they?
5. There’s one casual reference to Barb’s parents moving out of town and then nothing ever again.
No. Really. Where are they?
6. Barb magically returns to normal life with no knowledge of the Upside-Down and everyone’s memory of her disappearance is wiped.
She is still treated like trash by her friends, of course.
7. Nancy gets a new redheaded best friend named Betty.
We hate Betty.
8. Barb is kidnapped from the Upside-Down by Matthew Modine and becomes a superhuman assassin like Eleven.
It’s just tragic.
9. Nancy continues to make terrible decisions about men.
Because she learned literally nothing from Barb’s death.
10. Nancy rocks Barb’s mom jeans and glasses and now everyone loves them.
Life is a cruel joke.
11. She fights her way back to the upright world but gets killed.
12. Barb becomes the demagorgon.
It’s not completely out of the question.
13. We find out in the very last episode that Barb wasn’t dead. She was just taking a very nice, relaxing nap in that weird slug wall thing.
Way to jump to conclusions, Eleven.
14. The boys bring her back like nothing happened except now everyone calls her “Blarb.”
15. Barb is literally never mentioned again.
Not even a commemorative plaque in the school cafeteria.
16. Nancy gets another new bra and no one is around to notice.
If Nancy buys a bra and no one is around to notice, does it exist?
17. There is no funeral scene for Barb because Season 2 apparently starts a year later.
Way to cheat Barb out of that one, too.
18. The hatched egg found in the last episode is actually a new and improved Barb monster.
We find ourselves weirdly rooting for the monster to win. It doesn’t. Barb never wins.